My Walls are Wet After a Flood in North Kingston, What Do I Do?
SERVPRO Uses Specialized Techniques to Restore Your Walls in North Kingston
Our technicians understand how enduring a flood in your North Kingston home can be a traumatic experience. Having your walls or ceiling absorb water may be shocking, but with professional assistance, restoration is possible. Depending on how the floodwater damages your home, our technicians perform procedures such as flood cuts to mitigate further damages.
Does SERVPRO Rip Out the Entire Wall? No, Our Technicians Perform Flood Cuts
When flood damage impacts the walls in your North Kingston home, our technicians remove the bottom portion, extending several inches above the actual damage to ensure moisture does not spread. Ideally, cuts are at the 24 or 48 inches, so drywall panels are easily replaced. Technicians remove the drywall and insulation behind it. As part of the complete drying and restoration process, technicians replace the drywall panels after completing the work.
What are the Benefits of Performing Flood Cuts?
• Removing impacted drywall stops the spread of any bacteria found in category three (black) floodwaters.
• Allows technicians to remove damaged materials, including drywall and insulation.
• Flood cuts give restoration specialists access to the area behind the wall.
• It provides access to dry inside the wall cavities with high-velocity air movers.
What Would Happen to My Walls if We Did Not Perform Flood Cuts?
• Long-term exposure to moisture can cause wearing of building materials impacting the structural integrity.
• The moisture could spread throughout the wall, which could foster mold growth.
• Unpleasant odors may develop if moisture in and behind the walls is not removed.
Flood cuts may seem like an extreme measure. However, they may save a good portion of your wall if performed quickly enough. In addition to flood cuts, technicians address other areas of your home impacted by the floodwater.
For assistance after a flood, contact SERVPRO of Newport & Bristol Counties at (401) 847-8145. We make it, “Like it never even happened.”